Montag, 23. August 2010

Lost Temple Bases 25x25mm Mould

The mould for the 25x25mm bases is done. The 50x50mm needs more work, the vegetation as it is will likely cause trouble when moulding it, but it should be done by tomorrow *crosses fingers*

Freitag, 20. August 2010

Painted Lost Temple Base

I could not wait and had to paint the first cast of the 100x50mm Lost Temple Base. It is by no means a perfect cast- being the first I undestimated the amount of resin needed, and the underside is not entirely filled out. But the cast shows the detail perfectly, I am very pleased with it.

The paintjob is a bit rushed, and I am still experimenting with the colors, but I think it works quite well. I simply don´t have the patience to sit down and paint a testshot to the best of my ability.

Mittwoch, 18. August 2010

First Cast of the 50x100mm Lost Temple Base

The mould for this base is done and the first cast made. There have been some airbubbles, but I am confident that I can eliminate most of them for the next casts.

But this cast will not go to waste, I´ll fix the holes with a bit green stuff and paint it up, I´ve been itching to do that since I started to work on these bases.

Lost Temple Base 50x50 FINISHED!

And the 50x50mm base is done as well. Now on to casting it in resin....

Lost Temple Bases 25x25mm FINSHED!

Well, the light color of the milliput does not show the detail well, but it will have to do for now.
I´ll make a mold of these bases later this week, and then there will be painted versions!

Dienstag, 17. August 2010

WIP Lost Temple Bases 50x50mm & 25x25mm Update

After not having much time to work on my project last week, I´m in full swing again. The vegetation is almost done (but the snake is missing a head...), and I will make a mold for these bases tomorrow.

The skull on the 50x50mm base is a resin copy of a skull I sculpted for another project, which should find it´s way onto this blog soon(ish).

Sonntag, 8. August 2010

WIP Lost Temple Base 50x50mm Update

Quick Update: After more carving and sanding the floor design is finished. I included a comparison shot with the other bases, which I think was overdue anyway.

Samstag, 7. August 2010

WIP Lost Temple Base 50x50mm

Very WIP, most of the lines still need further carving, and the surface needs some more sanding, yadda yadda yadda...

But I am rather pleased with the design, the inspiration for which I got from a fellow over at Lustria Online.

Now I have more than enough work in front of me putting vines and other plantlife on this base and it´s smaller cousins.

Freitag, 6. August 2010

WIP Lost Temple Bases 25x25mm Update

Quick update: The five designs for the lost temple bases are done. Next I´ll sculpt the vines and farns and so on.

I´ll keep busy during the weekend, so check back in, there just might be an update waiting...