Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010

Tyrannosaurus... still nearing completion

The Tyrannosaurus is nearing completion. Not long before he goes on his voyage to be cast...

Sculpting the arms has been a learning experience when it comes to modelling putties. The grey putty is ProCreate, while the green one is, well, green stuff. While sculpting the left arm I noticed that the ProCreate does not like to be spread to thin. It is far less sticky than green stuff, so thin layers of ProCreate do not adhere well to the model. But it offers much longer working time than green stuff, which can be immensely helpful.

The claws on the feet have been done with brown stuff, while I use green stuff to blend claw and toe.

I´m simultaneously working on two commissioned works and another projectll reveal in due time (read: when there is actually something to show). This means work on the T-Rex is not going as fast as it could, but I have been informed that the model cannot be cast immediately anyway, since the casters I approached are quite busy at the moment, so it does not matter.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! Do you have any idea how much he will cost or could you take a picture of him next to a 25mm fantasy miniature? I would build a lizard man army just so I could field this.

    dsnodgrass06@gmail.com

    AntwortenLöschen